Guest Refund Policy
Last updated: June 3, 2020
This Guest Refund Policy governs Vibeji Money-back Guarantee Policy, Cancellation Policy and Reschedule Policy for both hosts and guests and the Host obligations associated with this Policy. It applies in addition to both Guest's Terms and Host's Terms, and is available to Guests who book a Skill-sharing Activities or an Experience through Vibeji.
All capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth in the Vibeji's Terms unless otherwise defined in this Guest Refund Policy.
By using the Vibeji Platform as a Host or Guest, you are indicating that you have read and that you understand and agree to be bound by this Guest Refund Policy.
1. Vibeji Money-back Guarantee
1.1. Not satisfied with your vibe?
The Vibeji Satisfaction Guarantee ensures that "If you are not satisfied after your experience, we guarantee to give your money back".
Did the experience turn out to be different from what was mentioned in the content? If yes, then we are really sorry for that. We have met and talked to all of our hosts, so we can ensure their quality.
1.2. Here is what to do:
- Contact us at email@example.com within 7 days after your experience
- Tell us why you are unhappy with your experience and
- Claim your guarantee, either in credits for your next experience or cash-back within 30 days.
2. Experience Quality Standard Refund Policy
2.1. Terms and conditions for Guests
The following situations are “Eligible Circumstances” that are eligible for a refund under the Guest Refund Policy because the Experience has been deemed as under our Experience Quality Standards.
- The Host fails to carry out the booked Experience or arrives more than 15 minutes past the stated start time, causing the Guest to abandon the Experience.
- The Host makes significant changes to the Experience after booking.
- Significant differences in the experience compared to the listed content
- The Experience contains a safety or health hazard that would be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Guest’s participation in the Experience.
- For Experiences that take place online, the guest cannot attend or a host cannot lead the Experience because of technical difficulties, including audio or visual issues.
- Disrespectful language, discrimination or other forms of harm conducted by the host
If Vibeji determines that a Guest experienced a Eligible Circumstances, Vibeji will, at its discretion, provide the Guest with a refund up to a maximum of the Total Fees the Guest paid for the Experience in accordance with this Policy.
To claim for the refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days after the experience date to be eligible for your refund. Our team will get back to you within 48 hours.
2.2. Host Responsibilities, and Reimbursement to Vibeji
As a Host, you are responsible for ensuring that the Experience you list on the Vibeji Platform meets Vibeji’s Quality Standard Checklist and does not present a Guest with Eligible Circumstances. Before and during the Experience, Hosts should be available, or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any Guest issues.
If (i) Vibeji determines that a Guest has suffered Eligible Circumstances related to your Experience and (ii) Vibeji reimburses that Guest (up to their Total Fees), you agree to reimburse Vibeji up to the amount paid by us within 30 days of Vibeji’s request. You authorize Vibeji to collect any amounts owed to Vibeji by reducing your Payout.
As a Host, you understand that the rights of Guests under this Guest Refund Policy will supersede the Cancellation Policy.
If you dispute the Eligible Circumstance, you may notify us by email email@example.com or via telephone and provide us with information (including photographs or other evidence) disputing the claims regarding the Eligible Circumstance, provided you used reasonable and good faith efforts to try to remedy the issues with the Guest prior to disputing the refund claim.
3. Reschedule Policy
You can reschedule the date or time of your experience (or add or remove guests) within 24 hours of booking, and up to 48 hours before the experience is scheduled to start.
If you reschedule an experience, the cancellation policy is based on the original purchase time and original start date of the experience.
4. Cancellation Policy
4.1. Cancellation policy for guests
For a full refund, the Request for Cancellation must be made within 24 hours of the purchase, and your booking must be made at least 48 hours before the experience is scheduled to start.
4.2. Cancellation policy for hosts
To cancel your upcoming hosting session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your guests will receive a notification and a full refund.
Cancellations can be very disruptive to guests' plans. Because of this, penalties may apply if you cancel an experience that’s already been booked by a guest. Cancellations may incur a fee of up to 20% of the booking value of the cancelled experience, deducted from an upcoming payout. We’ll notify you if a fee will be charged before you complete a cancellation.
Frequent cancellations, or no-shows, are a violation of our Host's Terms and may result in removal of the experience from Vibeji.
4.3. Re-booking on a different date or time
If you arrange an alternative time that your guests agree to, please email email@example.com to let us know after you cancel. We’ll verify that your guests have agreed, and remove any penalty that was applied.
4.4. Cancellations due to an emergency
We may be able to give you a refund even if the Request does not meet our Cancellation Conditions because you have to cancel due to an unexpected circumstance that’s out of your control.
Below is a list of qualified unexpected circumstances. Before you cancel, check that your circumstance is included in the list below and that you can provide the evidence for the claim.
- Death of a host, guest, or their co-host, additional guest, immediate family member, or caregiver. You’ll be asked to provide one of these documents:
- Death certificate
- News article naming the deceased
- Police report
- Unexpected serious illness or injury affecting a host or guests. You’ll be asked to provide a statement from a physician confirming that the person can't host or attend due to an unexpected, serious illness or injury. The statement must be also dated after the reservation was booked and provided within 14 days of cancellation.
- Government-mandated obligations including jury duty, travel restrictions, court appearances, and military deployment. You'll be asked to provide a copy of the official notice dated after the reservation was booked, including the name of the person fulfilling the obligation.
- Transportation disruptions that make it impossible to travel to your destination, including road closures and flight cancellations where there are no alternative methods of travel. This includes closures and cancellations caused by natural disasters, such as earthquakes or severe storms. You’ll be asked to provide a notice of the road closure, or documentation from the airline that the flight was cancelled and supporting documentation confirming that it's not possible to travel to your destination.
- Train, bus, or ferry cancellations where no alternate trips were available on the same day. You’ll be asked to provide documentation that clearly shows the carrier was not operating on that day, such as a screenshot of the company’s website or a link to an official statement from the carrier.
- Natural disasters, terrorist activity, and civil/political unrest that prevent the guest from attending the session or that make it unsafe to host guests.
- Epidemic disease or illness that suddenly affects a region or an entire group of people. This doesn’t include existing diseases that are associated with an area—for example, malaria in Thailand or dengue fever in Hawaii. Any updates to our policy regarding the outbreak of a disease, and the scope of policy application, will be determined based on announcements by the World Health Organization and local authorities.
- Essential utility outages that affect the experience quality
- Changes to visa or passport requirements that make it impossible to travel to the destination. This doesn’t include lost or expired travel documents.